Monday, July 17, 2006

Playin' Catch Up!

Just in from a sunny few days in Orange Beach, AL for a visit with my grandmother.

My Granny is doing great, she has lost a ton of weight, her "drawers" won't stay up, and she has a spiky new do. Most important, she is healthy, energetic and cancer free now. I haven't seen her look this good in years.

Elijah loved the beach. This was his first time to actually touch the shoreline. He isn't afraid of the waves either, which means next time we go, I will have to get a shild safety harness with a leash to keep him from running me and everyone else silly. We fed the seagulls, and he was mesmerized by the number of birds that flew over us. I took pics, but they won't be back till next week. I forgot my camera and had to buy a disposable one.

Sam hung out on the beach. He loves surfing. Tony and me have talked many times about moving down there permanently (he is in the perfect position to transfer!) And I told Sam that he would be a surfer instead of skater. He isn't quite sure about that one though.

We discovered our favorite restraunt, Gulf Bay Seafood Restraunt on Canal Road has closed. This was a sister resturaunt to King Neptune's in Gulf Shores, only bigger and cleaner. They had a great seafood platter for two for only $50. And it was huge, full of steamed red royals, snow crab legs, blue crab legs, crab claws,raw oysters (YUCKY SLUGS), and the regular side items. Soooo.....

Tony and me discovered Cosmo's on Friday nite. Not a typical seafood place, more like a whimsical Ruby Tuesday that offers....

SUSHI!!

That is our favorite thing in the whole wide world. We were thrilled to discover this. Plus, I DID NOT go off of my diet. The whole trip. It wasn't hard. I am pretty motivated.

Speaking of which, after my next post, regarding Hurricane Ivan Recovery, I will be hitting the gym!

No comments: