Friday, July 07, 2006

Needing An Energy Boost

I linger in the doorway
Of alarm clock screaming
Monsters calling my name
Let me stay
Where the wind will whisper to me
Where the raindrops
As they’re falling tell a story

In my field of paper flowers
And candy clouds of lullaby
I lie inside myself for hours
And watch my purple sky fly over me

~Imaginary by Evanescence

This is exactly how I feel this morning. I simply did not want to get up. Today will be a low key day. I will list a few jewelry pieces on Ebay then take it easy for the rest of the day, preferably by the pool with the kids.

I do have some incredible news though! My dear sweet husband has finally relented and has given me permission to buy what I have been wishing for for nearly a year now. It is a weather station, and not just any old kind. It is a Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless station, the same sophisticated instrument that our local weather team at abc 33/40 uses. I will be able to measure rainfall, by the day, hour minute and the year. Wind Speed, Dewpoint, Wind Chill and more, all from inside the house. I am one step closer to fulfilling a long, long time dream of some serious storm spotting. My friend Michael, ( also a weather geek like me ) has said he will help me get it set up when I get it, he has one too and loves it.

Next goal is getting my Amatuer Radio's License. I have the book, just need 2 weeks of peace and quiet so I can study for exams. Then I will get a hand held radio, and join spotter groups, SKYWARN and ALERT.

Coming soon to the world of blogs near you..... a weather blog for the Alabaster, AL area. I will be keeping a journal of sorts in this blog, of Alabaster storm stories, forecasts and daily readings.

So just thinking of those thing has given me the energy boost I need to get moving....

more later..... :)

3 comments:

Southeast Weather... said...

Hey Steph u always talk about ebay and all, where can i find your ebay stuff?

Stephanie's Place said...

go to ebay.com and click on sellers. my seller id is madhatter1972

Southeast Weather... said...

ok thanks!