Monday, June 19, 2006

Take it Easy..........

Take it easy, take it easy
Don’t let the sound of your own wheels
Drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
Don’t even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
And take it easy

-"Take it Easy" - The Eagles


At least that is the way it was this weekend....... starting on Friday night.

We did minimal chores on Saturday, then went to another cookout at my Father and Step mom in laws house, we they grilled steak, pork chops and shrimp. YUM!! I made a tossed salad and brought a watermelon. Tony had a few too many beers so we had a lot of fun poking fun at him - he never does that.

Then yesterday, Tony got a wild hair to cookout at our house. My dad, his dad, Linda, and my uncle came to this one. We grilled out freshly cought Tuna from Orange Beach, shrimp Kabobs and burgers. There wasn't any swimming though, I was too busy trying to clean up after Tony, who like his Mom uses every pot, pan plate and utensil and does not clean up as he goes.

The Kitchen was so trashed. Took me FOREVER to clean it. But it was Father's day and that was what DH wanted and since he is truly a wonderful husband and dad that was what he got.
Fortunately, I had his stepmother, my favorite mother in law, there to help with the cleanup while the guys chatted in the back yard.

Elijah likes to swim in the pool. But his swimsuit that has built in floats inside it is a little big and instead of keeping him upright, it flops him face forward in the water. So I blew up his baby boat and he seems to like it ok. He got his first swim lesson, and he kicked and paddled like a natural.
Teaching him to swim should not be hard at all!!

Got to go say bye to my uncle who is going home to Mobile today!!

No comments: