Friday, June 23, 2006

And The Shots Kick In

Elijah's MMR immunization kicked in yesterday morning around 12:30 AM.

I had only been asleep since 10 pm Wed night, and he woke up cry and screaming and running a temp.

He always, ALWAYS reacts that way. Without fail.

So up we all were (poor Tony and Sam.... who can sleep with all that screaming!!) I can turn him off, being deaf, but the others were were clearly climbing the walls.

So we walked the floors, Elijah and I. We rocked (my poor tailbone!!) and we sang "Itsy Bitsy Spider" which did nothing but make him cry harder.

Finally his meds kicked in (Motrin) and we passed out on the sofa at 4 am. Tony had the gall to wake me up at 6 to ask me to iron a shirt for him..... where I told him he could shove that iron up his butt sideways.

Hope today is much better. I took him to his grandmothers house yesterday and he spent the night.

Got to ship for Ebay stuff. More later!

No comments: