Monday, May 08, 2006

Just Another Manic Monday

"Six o'clock already
I was just in the middle of a dream
I was kissin' Valentino
By a crystal blue Italian stream
But I can't be late
'Cause then I guess I just won't get paid
These are the days
When you wish your bed was already made
It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday"

- The Bangles- Late 80's

Lots to do - and I don't feel like doing any of it.

Laundry - not much just a little bit, with some ironing. This can wait till Sam comes home to help with Elijah.

I have to steam clean the furniture. Sir Pees A lot has done it again. I see a trip to the pound in the near future.

Some drunk knucklehead has done yet another number on our yard. Living at the end of a dead end street has it disadvantages. They turn around in Amy's driveway, and back out full speed ahead. They wind up with their bumper embedded in my steep, grassy bank. Grrrrr.... I already have had to unpeel the sod and place it back on the ground. I will have to see Tim - (our wondermous yard guy) and make sure he knows to be gentle with his mowers here. We once had talked about bricking the bank, but that was a long time ago. A few months ago, we had a REALLY drunk driver back out of her drive, and all the way up my bank. Fortunately Amy was still up, and saw what had happened. She called Alabaster PD, who hauled him off to the drunk tank.

Two weeks left of school for Sam. I cannot believe my brown eyed baby boy will be a seventh grader next year.

Last summer, with having just had Elijah and him being so sick all of the time, we had a system. I made a pocket door we have between the dining room and living room into a giant chalkboard.
This was really easy, and took only about an hour before it was ready to use.
We used this door as a giant checklist for chores, that had to be done before noon, and before friends could come over and hang out. I havent used it much this year (only on school breaks) but I am looking forward to using it again. Between the very many Dr's appts and ER visits with Elijah, the house still stayed in some sort of order because of this.
This year, I expect will be easier, to a point, Elijah is much better now, but he is into everything. We are considering Mother's Day Out at the church for him.


Tony wants to get a booth down at KCees in Clanton. We may sell T-shirts, Onesies and Lingerie' for some extra pocket money.

More later, got to get up and moving.....

No comments: