Friday, May 12, 2006

Bleary Eyed

After going to bed last night at 10pm, I woke up an hour and a half later, missing Elijah who had gone to spend the night at DH's dad's and stepmom's house.

I didn't go back to sleep until 3 am, then back up again at 5:30 when DH had the nerve to wake me up.

So I am going to quickly take care of some errands then go and get him. I can no longer take him to the store with me due to the fact that he is a 2 1/2 foot tall Houdini.

Why can they not make a 5 point harness to hold a child in a grocery buggy?

The belt that goes around the waist prevents them from leaning over too far and falling out. My child does not lean. He props his fat little bare foot up and then stands straight up and pretends to fly.

He is only 14 months old.

It scares me to think that if I shift my attention for one second, he will be on his head in the floor.

Same for the highchair. I couldn't find one with a shoulder strap. The other day, Sam was supposed to be watching him while he had a snack, and instead he was watching TV, when I looked in on the two from the kitchen and there was Elijah, standing on his high chair tray and laughing.

I don't know who will die first, me from a heart attack or him from a daredevil stunt.

Mommies and Daddies - please, PLEASE feel free to give me ANY suggestions for this problem. I KNOW my child isn't the only future movie star stunt man out there!!

And people wonder why I am tired all the time...........

No comments: